HOMEWORK

I have homework.

This past week, I practiced making nougatine and tried my own twist on it. 
Pistachios + Fleur de Sel instead of sliced almonds.  

I made 10 "perfect" cornets and attempted my chocolate writing.  Cornets are cone-shaped pieces of parchment paper that are filled with, in this case, chocolate and used for writing, eventually on goodies.  


I practiced making gingersnaps, all the same shape, size, and color.  



 As the "homework" progressed I realized that it didn't feel like work, it felt just good. These things may seem simple on this digital page; but, in reality the information I am gathering and the tasks I am being asked to execute are complex, a mixture of movement and intellect, of muscle memory, logic, and intuition. 

So, it is safe to say "Yes, Chef, I am loving it so far".

P.S. I will soon be adding recipes to this blog.  yum!

and.... here are all my tools! So far.  I am sure I will need more.  :) 




-

No comments:

Post a Comment